When you start a large project or begin that bathroom renovation you have had your eye on for a while, it’s one thing to plan what materials you need to put into it. It’s another altogether to know what will end up coming out of it. When you have to dispose of waste of any kind, you have to keep in mind what can and can’t go into your run of the mill dumpster.
Luckily, if you talk to your rental company, they will be more than happy to walk you through the list of prohibited items. Not only does it save you money, but it saves either you or the company the time and aggravation of having to remove these items from the dumpster in question.
Common Prohibited Items in Dumpsters
Prohibiting certain items in dumpsters is essential to ensure safety, environmental responsibility, and adherence to local regulations. These prohibited items all pose potential hazards to people, wildlife, and the environment if disposed of improperly. They may contain harmful chemicals, toxins, or substances that can leak into the soil or water supply. Additionally, industrial drums and aerosol cans can be pressurized and pose risks of explosion or contamination. Even dirt and yard waste may be prohibited if it has been contaminated with certain hazardous materials. Prohibiting these items in dumpsters helps protect both public health and the environment. These items often include, but are not limited to:
The Normal Prohibited Items:
- Hot Water Tanks
- Paint Cans and Lacquers
- Car Batteries
- Medical Infectious Waste
- Hazardous Materials
- Ink and Resins
- Railroad Ties
- Household Cleaners
- Oils, Fuels, and Propane tanks
- Industrial Drums
Possible Prohibited Items:
- Upholstered Furniture
- Yard Waste or dirt
- Mattresses or Box Springs
- Aerosol Cans
This second list of items simply depends on your local dumping guidelines and what is allowed. Don’t worry, you will get a detailed list with any rental service worth their weight in salt.
Prevent Illegal Dumping of Prohibited Items
But what about the thing you can’t really control?
“Fly-tipping,” the act of unauthorized dumping of waste into your dumpster, is a common issue for both commercial and residential properties. To combat this problem effectively, consider implementing the following strategies:
- Post Warning Signs: Install visible signs indicating that illegal dumping will result in prosecution. Surprisingly, a simple sign can act as a powerful deterrent.
- Strategic Placement: Position your dumpster near a fence or in an inconspicuous location. While it may not be in your ideal spot, placing it further away from the main road makes it less convenient for illegal dumpers.
- Security Measures: For long-term dumpster rentals, consider placing it in a well-lit area equipped with surveillance cameras. The presence of cameras is a strong discouragement for potential fly-tippers.
- Tarp Your Dumpster: When the dumpster is not in use, cover it with a tarp. This straightforward measure prevents easy access and makes illegal dumping less attractive.
Keep in mind that illegal dumpers are typically seeking a quick and cost-free disposal method. By making the process more time-consuming and less convenient, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of fly-tipping incidents. While you may need the dumpster for extended periods, they typically prefer a swift, hassle-free approach.
Easy And Safe Dumpster Rentals In Fort Worth
You could need a dumpster rental for many different reasons, but it doesn’t have to be a difficult experience. If you want a clean dumpster with a customer centered experience and on time deliveries we here at Sweet Dumps would be proud to serve you. We will work with you to find you the right dumpster for the right price. The customer is always our priority and we strive to educate each customer so their renting experience exceeds their expectations. Give us a call today for a free quote.